Our History

In 1929, Paul L. Carpenter purchased the Waldo Funeral Home at 61 East Pulteney Street, Corning, next door to today’s Pizza Hut Restaurant, and renamed it the Carpenter-Waldo Funeral Home. In 1931, the funeral home moved to its present location at 14 East Pulteney Street. In 1934 it was given its present name, Carpenter’s Funeral Home.

After the flood in June of 1972, the funeral home was completely renovated, and the business went through a number of owners until 2007, when David Carpenter and his brother purchased the funeral home.  Peter Russell, who had been a funeral director at Carpenter's Funeral Home for nearly 20 years, was appointed licensed manager.    In 2014 Peter Russell, Garrett L. DuVall, Jr. and Kelly L. Copp became the current owners.  


“We are passionate about carrying on the traditions of  high quality standards of service, professionalism, and personal care to the families we serve."  - Pete, Garrett, and Kelly